The EHS Course is over and by all accounts was a great success! If you’re wondering what’s next, here are a few specific resources that we’ve put together to continue to fuel the journey. If you’re interested in taking the Emotionally Healthy Relationships course, or if you missed the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality course and would like to do it, let us know!
Books for further exploration:
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality – Peter Scazerro (the book the course is built on)
- God in my Everything: how an ancient rhythm helps busy people enjoy God – Ken Shigematsu
- The Celebration of Discipline: the path to spiritual growth – Richard Foster
- The Spirit of the Disciplines: understanding how God changes lives – Dallas Willard
- Liturgy of the Ordinary: sacred practices in everyday life – Tish Harrison Warren
- The Common Rule: habits of purpose for an age of distraction – Justin Whitmel Earley
- Celtic Book of Daily Prayer – Northumbria Community
- Guide to Prayer for All God’s People – Norman Shawchuck and Rueben P. Job
- Common Prayer: a liturgy for ordinary radicals – Shane Claiborne, Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove & Enuma Okoro
Apps / podcasts:
- The Overflow – bible reading plan which has a variety of options for reading scripture.
- Pray As You Go – a Jesuit prayer guide that includes daily meditations and examples of prayer practices like the Examen, Gospel Contemplation and Lectio Divina.
- The Daily Disconnect – a short, simple guided Christian meditation from a guy with a great accent.
- Emotionally Healthy Relationships Course
- Sustainable Faith has a number of schools that explore similar content and take it deeper. A number of WCVers have found them to be tremendously life-giving:
Additional Resources from a few of you:
Thanks to those of you who contributed to the following list of books and apps. If you have more to add, please do so in the comment section below.
- Daring Greatly: how the courage to be vulnerable transforms the way we live, love, parent and lead – Brené Brown
- The Divine Conspiracy: rediscovering our hidden life in God – Dallas Willard
- Renovation of the Heart: putting on the character of Christ – Dallas Willard
- Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians – James Gilchrist Lawson
- Confessions – St. Augustine
- Devotional Classics – Richard Foster
- Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret – Dr. & Mrs. Howard Taylor
- Abide: Christian Meditation – a prayer app
- iMissal – a prayer app
- The Worldwide Rosary Prayer – an app produced by a Flatlander