We had a great time on Sunday with our Pumpkins and Pirates event. It was really fun to see all the costumes and the pumpkin carvings were fabulous! We learned that there are all kinds of treasures to be gleaned from the depths of a pumpkin.
God chose us, he cleans us up and he transforms us so that we can shine the light of Jesus to the world.
If you weren’t with us or didn’t get the handout with the pumpkin seed recipe…here it is:
Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- cleaned (de-goopified) and dried pumpkin seeds from one pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil of your choice for every cup of seeds
- kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- add in some other spices: rosemary, paprika, seasoned salt (omit kosher salt), curry powder, chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Toss the seeds with the oil or butter and the spices you’ve chosen
- spread seeds in one layer on a cookie sheet
- place the cookie sheet in the oven. About seven minutes into cooking, stir the seeds around.
- Toast the seeds until they’re crunchy and golden, about 15 minutes. (Test a cooled seed to make sure they’re crunchy and not chewy!)
Want the full download? Go to Family Life – Gospel Pumpkin