At the Outer Circle gathering on March 18, we’ll be doing some significant business as a church community. On Sunday March 12, we will have the specific proposals and other information available in a printed booklet. If you are on our newsletter email list, you will receive a digital copy on Thursday, March 9. Please review these booklets before the church meeting on March 18. We certainly welcome any comments or questions about anything in the booklet.
Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect:
- Supper – just like a normal Outer Circle Gathering. Starts at 5:30pm. Everyone’s welcome!
- Financial updates including a 2016 report and the budget for 2017.
- A few key Shifts in Leadership.
- Updating our Bylaws (which requires ratification by the members) including proposals for a new definition of Membership, Pastoral Executive, inclusion of gender neutral language and a few other tweaks.
- Two New BOD Members (Marlese Hazeu & Cornelius Martens).
- “Views from Here” which are updates from a number areas in WCV – including a few significant changes.
- We will try to wrap up by 8pm.
All these proposals, changes and updates are outlined in the booklet. Please pick one up and review it before the March 18 meeting. Some of these proposals require ratification by a vote of the membership.
Everyone is welcome to come – please do!
>>A Note about Membership:
- If you are unsure if your name is on the current membership list, please check with Vanessa Lewis (WCV Administrator) who will be set up at a table at the meeting. If you are in the Outer Circle, your name is automatically included. If you have indicated to the office that you’re doing something similar to meeting in a Triad, like what’s described here, then your name will be on the list. If your name isn’t on the list, just let Vanessa know and you’ll be added.
- Only current members will be able to participate in voting.
- We realize there is some confusion about formal membership in WCV. We’ve heard you and apologize for any hurt this confusion has caused. For this reason we’re proposing a new definition, which is described in the booklet.
>>If you require childcare, please sign-up up with the office. This is especially important if you do not normally come to the Outer Circle gatherings.