This coming Good Friday, we will “gaze upon the one whom they pierced” (John 19:37 / Zechariah 12:10).
You can have a part in this service. Here’s a simple invitation:
1. Pray. Spend a little time in prayer considering Jesus’ crucifixion. Place yourself in the scene, perhaps at the foot of the cross. Observe Jesus. Suffering. Bleeding. Dying. Forgiving.
2. Record. Consider what comes up for you, then take a short video (from your phone is fine) to record your thoughts in the following format, filling in the blanks with your own words:
- When I look upon the one who was pierced I see ___________.
- When I look upon the one who was pierced I am ___________.
Here’s an example: “When I look upon the one they have pierced I see unconditional love“. When I look upon the one they have pierced I am humbled.”
3. Send. Share the video (keep them very short – 20 seconds max) with Andrew at the office. We will compile all the videos into a collage of short reflections to be used in our Good Friday Service online and in-person.
Thanks for your participation!
Deadline for video submissions is March 29.
Good Friday Service:
April 2, 2021, 7pm.
Online (via Facebook) and In-Person.