It seems like this Christmas season, perhaps more than any other in recent memory, God is inviting us to peel back the layers of glittery seasonal branding and get honest and gritty about what God-with-us means in our hurting, broken and beautiful world.
This Advent season join us as we explore the shocking nature of the Creator of the universe showing up in the womb of a 1st century young woman. We will ponder this wondrous act of vulnerability. We will marvel at this brazen act of love. We will place ourselves in the story of redemption that began in a climate of tension, upheaval and uprising.
We will allow a young peasant woman’s simple shaky “yes” to point the way forward amidst our own confusing and disorienting times.
Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.”
Let’s awaken to the wonder of God-with-us as we follow Mary’s lead and say:
- Yes to God…
- Yes to Mystery…
- Yes to Love…
This is gritty and real. And powerful.
It’s what our world needs.
It’s what we need.
Join us Sundays as we explore an Honest Advent.
- Nov 28 – Andy will explore Mary’s “yes”.
- Dec 5 – Celebration Service
- Dec 12 – Krista will help us pay attention like the Magi.
- Dec 19 – We will engage the wonder of the incarnation through music, art and interactive stations.
- Dec 24, 6pm – Christmas Eve Service – “A Light is Given”
- Dec 26 & Jan 2 – We will have shortened services (no Kid’s Church)
The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
You might want to include this new release from Vineyard Worship in your Christmas soundtrack this year. Enjoy it on Spotify, Apple Music or Youtube. You can get it here.
- In person at 782 Main St. (masks and physical distancing required)
- Streamed live on Facebook
- Viewed afterwards on Facebook or on our Sermon page.
This series is based on the book “Honest Advent” and on art by Scott Erickson.