We’d like to remind you – and invite you – to join the conversations around the Hot Button topics. We know that many of you are having conversations among yourselves. This is great! Please keep having them.
Also, please make sure you participate in our two Hot Button evenings. We’ve intentionally tried to keep the next two months free of any major community events in the evenings (postponed the Outer Circle for example) in order to make it as easy as possible for as many people as possible to participate in these. It would be best if you came to both. One of the primary purposes of these evenings is to model how to do GYVE well. You’ll recall that GYVE is a tool for how to love well in diversity – it’s about listening deeply to someone from another position and uncovering some of the underlying values and stories that formed their values, which has led to their position. It’s a wonderful model, and often amazing things happen as people submit to the Holy Spirit in this process.
>>Jan 21, 7pm – Creationism & Evolution (Our origins)
>>Feb 11, 7pm – Affirming & Traditional (Human sexuality & gender)
P.S. We may schedule more Hot Button evenings at a later date. Let us know what you think!
Here’s the complete schedule our our series:
- January 14: Introduction & Call to Prayer
- January 21: Creationism & Evolution
- January 21 Evening: Doing GYVE with Creationism & Evolution.
- January 28: Nailed it, Failed it
- February 4: Affirming & Traditional
- February 11: Nailed it, Failed it
- February 11 Evening: Doing GYVE with Affirming & Traditional
- February 18: Celebration Service
- February 25: Poverty & Prosperity