Dear WCV Community,
As you know there are some changes in the Manitoba Public Health orders taking effect March 15 which will impact our church activities. Here’s a little update about our approach and how these orders impact us.
Throughout the pandemic we have taken a posture of:
- Honouring the orders and recommendations put in place by Manitoba Public Health (1 Peter 2:13-17, etc)
- Seeking to create a safe space for and prioritizing the vulnerable in our community (Galatians 2:10, etc)
- Walking without judgement toward the diversity represented in our community (Matthew 7:1-2, etc)
In light of this we will be moving forward in the following ways:
- We will not mandate the use of masks for participants in any WCV activity. While masks are not required by Manitoba public health they are still recommended. There are those who may continue to wear masks based on their individual risk or personal preference as well as those who will choose not to wear them. In either case we will walk in a non-judgemental posture. We will continue to provide both KN95 and triple-ply blue masks for those who choose to wear them.
- While we welcome the opportunity to take this next step into a post pandemic world, we recognize there are still significant risks and considerations regarding Covid-19. We will continue to encourage hand sanitization and will remind everyone in the community that if they are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 it is an act of love and respect to stay home. We will continue to make online options available for our Sunday morning gatherings, AGM and other events as we are able.
Regarding Kids and Youth Ministry activities:
- We will no longer require volunteers to do a rapid test prior to ministry.
- We will no longer be taking temperatures as kids enter our ministry area. Instead we ask that all families do a self-health check prior to coming into the building and to stay home if exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- We will ask that volunteers who are floating and offering direct assistance to kids to continue to wear masks.
- We will not mandate the use of masks but if children or their families wish to they are welcome to do so.
- We will relax the 2-meter radius for physical distancing in the kids church area but will continue to spread out workstations throughout the available areas.
- We will continue to require hand sanitizing upon entry into the kids church area.
Thanks! If you have any questions or comments please contact the office or talk to anyone on the Leadership Team (BOD, Pastoral & Lay Elders).