WCV is hosting a parenting workshop with guest speaker Cathy Dyck.
The goal of the workshop is to equip parents, leaders and other adults who have a relationship of influence in the life of a child or a teen, to intentionally reflect God’s heart to the kids they care about, helping them begin to discover who it is that He has created them to be and what He has created them to do.
• Get an overview of ways in which culture is impacting their children and their families.
• Identify character qualities that they as parents can cultivate that will help them engage with their kids in positive and meaningful ways.
• Receive practical tools and ideas which will help them get and stay close to the kids they care about, using the 4 window model.
• Create 1 or 2 doable actions steps which will have a positive impact on the relationship they have with the kid they care about whether they are 5 or 15.
• Have opportunity to consider an optional workbook that is both a guide and a journal.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn strategies for engaging with your kids and youth, to walk alongside them as they navigate the challenges of developing a deep relationship with God in a digital era.
- February 22, 2020
- 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
- There is a $10 fee to help cover a light lunch. To register contact Andy Arthur or the WCV Office.
We are in a new season of Kids Church at WCV and we’re off to a good start. Here is a word from Gloria Fligg on what our elementary kids have to look forward to in the months ahead:
“This last week we had an amazing time as we began Kids Church for another year! For the next two months, our theme will be “lighthouses.” We will be comparing God’s Word to a lighthouse that illuminates our way, especially as we go through storms in this life. We are learning the verse, “Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” We decorated our own “lighthouse” bulletin board, drew our own paths and finally we painted our own “footprints” on them. Next week, we are doing more artwork: we will be making our own lighthouses for our paths, after we learn how we can use God’s word to speak the truth over our lives. It’s such a privilege to lead this awesome group of kids! If your child is in Grades 1-4, we hope to see them there!”
Thank you to Gloria and to all the other volunteers who serve our children in this way. We’re so grateful for you!
Our WCV Kids Church will resume next Sunday, September 16th. This Sunday’s service will continue to model our typical summer schedule. A video series is being shown in the Comfy Couch Room during the sermon as an option for the kids. Parents are asked to stay with their children if they are watching the video. All are welcome to remain in the service as well.
Looking to serve? We are excited to start kids church in the fall but we are in need of leaders who are willing to love on our kids. Contact Jodi if you can be on a rotation to serve our younger ones.
Want to paint? Some of our kid’s church rooms are in need of some paint touch ups. Contact Jodi if you have experience in painting and have a few hours to serve in this way. Also a huge thank-you to the Miles Mac Key Club for a beautiful job of painting the Dragonflies room. Thanks to Joseph for organizing this!
Looking to help in a practical way? We are looking for a couple of servants who would be willing to clean our toys in three large areas of kids church. Contact Jodi if you have a few hours to serve in this way.