WCV is hosting a parenting workshop with guest speaker Cathy Dyck.
The goal of the workshop is to equip parents, leaders and other adults who have a relationship of influence in the life of a child or a teen, to intentionally reflect God’s heart to the kids they care about, helping them begin to discover who it is that He has created them to be and what He has created them to do.
• Get an overview of ways in which culture is impacting their children and their families.
• Identify character qualities that they as parents can cultivate that will help them engage with their kids in positive and meaningful ways.
• Receive practical tools and ideas which will help them get and stay close to the kids they care about, using the 4 window model.
• Create 1 or 2 doable actions steps which will have a positive impact on the relationship they have with the kid they care about whether they are 5 or 15.
• Have opportunity to consider an optional workbook that is both a guide and a journal.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn strategies for engaging with your kids and youth, to walk alongside them as they navigate the challenges of developing a deep relationship with God in a digital era.
- February 22, 2020
- 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
- There is a $10 fee to help cover a light lunch. To register contact Andy Arthur or the WCV Office.